This item is out of stock, however, we can usually create something similar. Please contact us.

SOLD....Diamond Ring: 1.41ct H I1 Horse Head Diamond Ring R5893

diamond ring
diamond ringdiamond ringdiamond ringdiamond ring

ITEM #: R5893
Diamond Ring

WEIGHT: 1.41ct
SHAPE: Horse Head
MEASUREMENTS: 12.30 x 7.60 x 2.90 mm

18Karat Yellow and White Gold

Currently sized at: 7.75
This special price does NOT include size adjustment - please contact us if you need an adjustment
Please check our size adjustment policy.

We include our comprehensive appraisal for identification or insurance purposes.

horse head diamond ring

1.41ct H I1 Horse Head Diamond Ring

Here is a really nice looking horse head diamond. At this point I have to consider myself to possess a great deal of experience with this shape - meaning we have bought maybe 20 Horse Head Diamonds over the years.
They are pretty rare.

Of one ones I have seen approximately 60% of all the Horse head Diamonds I have seen look more like what comes out of the other end of the horse. We bought the other 40%. The bad ones are really bad. A lot of reasons for this. For one thing, imperfection. In some cases, it is not a big deal - in others, it totally destroys the look. In that regard many horse head diamonds are similar to step cuts in that there are areas of the stone where imperfections are totally obvious and can be quite ugly.

Then there are the ones with ugly shapes. I'm the guy who's known for loving all types of odd diamonds, but horses are near and dear to me in real life - so these guys have a lot to live up to. Besides the brilliance I demand, it has to look like a horse - and a nice horse at that.

This particular equine specimen is a Thoroughbred all the way. Not that it's perfect clarity by any means, but that's not necessarily the most important benchmark. In fact, the largest imperfection in this guy is really cool for a number of reasons. First of all, the impact on overall brilliance is nil. There's no cloudiness to the stone whatsoever. Instead there are a few little smatterings of crystals- and one large area - and it's located exactly where the horses eye is! How cool is that? It is kind of visible, but not obvious.

The second cool thing about being an I1 is the price. If the stone was a VS1 it would be lease another couple a two tree grand. (Brooklynese for about 2-3 thousand more for a VS Stone).Really nice color.

Cut is the main reason we bought him. There's amazing size for the weight and distinct equine personality shining through.

A word about GIA-, or more specifically, the lack of a GIA report. We would normally have submitted the diamond to GIA prior to listing. In this case, it's a relatively lower priced diamond so a GIA report is less of an issue. But the main reason is slow GIA turnaround times. The stone could be tied up for up to two months.

horse head diamond

colorless horse head diamond

horsehead diamond

gia h

horse head diamond

horse head diamond

colorless diamond

gia h colored diamond

horse head diamond

gia h

horse head diamond

The Ring

We've set this equine beauty into a ring which was quite frankly, made for another diamond. No biggie- this stone works perfectly!

It's not what you'd call "shy" ring, measureing 18.7 x 20mm across the top. 20.6 grams of 18karat gold.

As you can see from the video, the ring does not fit me, but if it did, I'd claim it in a heartbeat.

horse head diamond ring

horse head ring

horse head diamond ring

The photos above are ACTUAL Photos of the diamond ring you will receive.

Guides Related to Diamonds

Fancy Colored Diamond Buying Guide

How much will my new diamond appraise for?

Why insist on a GIA Report?

Natural Pink Diamond Color Chart

Our Fancy Yellow Color Chart

Fancy Vivid Yellow diamondFancy
Vivid Yellow
fancy intense yellow diamondFancy
Intense Yellow
Fancy yellow diamond
Fancy Yellow
yellow diamondFancy
Light Yellow
faint yellow diamond
Light Yellow
Light yellow diamond
Light Yellow
yellow diamond U-V
Light Yellow